Go ahead- hold the Woodman's Pal in your hand and give it a swing, you'll wonder how you ever did without it! Whether for blazing trails, building a duck blind, trimming, pruning, or removing unwanted brush- you name it, the Woodman's Pal Classic will do it with the powerful cutting performance of an axe and machete rolled into just one tool! This set includes the Woodman's Pal Classic, sharpening stone, and heavy density 1800 denier waterproof cordura nylon sheath with nickel snap and rivet, belt loop and convenient velcro closure -- finished with a Woodman’s Pal logo patch, this cordura sheath is an excellent alternative to leather.
Light-weight, compact (10.5" long; 16.5" overall with 6" ash wood grip), and superbly balanced, the Woodman's Pal Classic is an extension rather than a burden to your arm (it's no accident that its length approximates that of the human forearm from elbow to knuckle.) Never will you use a tool of higher quality and more comfort!
Special features of the Woodman's Pal:
- The specially annealed, 1/8" thick, high carbon steel blade (hardened to Rockwell C47) will not crack or chip even in sub-zero temperatures.
- The concave axe blade is flat V ground for extreme strength and offers superior edge holding capabilities.
- The blade will cut wood up to 1 1/2" in diameter with a single stroke.
- The chisel sharp sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briers, and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
- The line of balance runs precisely from the grip through the sickle edge creating a natural momentum for efficient, accurate, and comfortable swinging motion.
- Resin bonded fluorocarbon coating prevents corrosion.
- The safety toe extending one inch up the axe side of the tool reduces risk of deflective injuries.
- Black cordura sheath for storage.
- Sharpening stone.
Made of American materials, designed and crafted by American workers, the Woodman's pal is a 100% USA product that provides a lifetime of service. The Woodman's Pal is a complete outdoorsman's tool kit and includes a black nylon cordura sheath for storage and a sharpening stone to provide the edge you need to get the job done! Use the Woodman's Pal for all outdoor jobs that call for an axe or machete- you get the powerful cutting performance of both in just one tool!
From the blanking of the steel on the 150-ton press to the hand-lacquering of each handle, 23 stages of production ensure you'll have the best tool for blazing trails in the wilderness or clearing brush in your backyard! A great tool at a great price!