Woodman’s Pal Long Reach is a lighter weight tool that provides for the added control and blade speed needed for slashing through leafy, springy vegetation. Provides the furthest reach of any Woodman’s Pal tool and is used for jobs where workers can remain at a distance from the actual cutting actions. The unique sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briars and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level. The Long Reach model is lighter in weight (15 ounces). The longer 22 inch hardwood handle provides increased leverage to maintain the traditional chopping power of heavier models. The blade thickness of the Woodman's Pal Long Reach is 1/16" thick, as opposed to the Classic and Premium models which are 1/8" thick. 11 inch long high carbon steel blade hardened to Rockwell C47 for strength and flexibility in cold weather.
The Woodman's Pal Long Reach is superbly balanced and is an extension rather than a burden to your arm. Never will you use a tool of higher quality with more comfort than the Woodman's Pal!
- The specially annealed, 1/16" thick, high carbon steel blade (hardened to Rockwell C47) will not crack or chip even in sub-zero temperatures.
- The concave axe blade is flat V ground for extreme strength and offers superior edge holding capabilities.
- The chisel sharp sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briers, and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
- The line of balance runs precisely from the grip through the sickle edge creating a natural momentum for efficient, accurate, and comfortable swinging motion.
- Resin bonded fluorocarbon coating prevents corrosion.
- The safety toe extending one inch up the axe side of the tool reduces risk of deflective injuries.
- 22 inch hardwood handle.
- Light-weight 15 ounces.
Made of American materials, designed and crafted by American workers, the Woodman's Pal is a 100% USA product that provides a lifetime of service. Use the Woodman's Pal for all outdoor jobs that call for an axe or machete- you get the powerful cutting performance of both in just one tool!
The Crafting of the Woodman's Pal: Today's Woodman's Pal is virtually identical to the original specs from 1941. Its quality and integrity cannot be achieved easily, inexpensively, or en masse. Outdoorsmen wouldn't want it any other way and neither does the second generation, family-owned manufacturer. Only the best materials are used. And all are treated with respect. The blade is SAE1075 cold rolled spring steel, hardened to Rockwell C47. A lower-carbon steel would not hold the edge for long. Harder steel (like SAE1095 used in fine cutlery) can become brittle in cold weather and can crack or chip with heavy use. The handle is shaped from a single piece of American hardwood, cemented and riveted to the tang. The belt-looped sheath is heavily stitched, and rugged. Edges are precisely rolled resulting in double-convex perfection.
From the blanking of the steel on the 150-ton press to the hand-lacquering of each handle, 23 stages of production ensure you'll have the best tool for blazing trails in the wilderness or clearing brush in your backyard! A great tool at a great price!