The Teknetics® T2 metal detector is an American Classic now offered at a much lower price! When this detector was first released years ago, the price tag was $849 -- now it's only $529! The T2 is a high-performance, multi-purpose professional grade metal detector. It utilizes the latest advances in electronic technology, and its functional design represents the leading edge of the metal detector engineering art. The T2 is easier to learn to use properly than other comparable metal detectors. Its combination of light weight and balance provides comfort unmatched by any other detector in its price range. Its most popular uses include coinshooting, relic hunting, and gold prospecting.
Teknetics T2 detector has the high sensitivity and ground cancellation features needed for professional gold prospecting, the discrimination responsiveness needed for serious relic hunting under difficult conditions, and visual Target-ID considered essential in searching for coins. The ground cancellation system can be adjusted to allow searching salt water beaches. The T2 operates at 13 kHz for good sensitivity to gold nuggets and jewelry as well as to coins. The T2 comes with an 11-inch elliptical Bi-Axial searchcoil for maximum detection depth in mineralized soil
T2 Metal Detecting to a Higher Power
- Large LCD Screen with 0-99 Numeric Target ID
- Simple, easy-to-use controls
- Straightforward Menu-Driven User Interface
- Bar graph readout of ground mineral concentration
- Trigger Actuated Target Pinpointing with variable audio pitch
- Double Filter Discrimination Modes For Searching In Trashy Areas
- Trigger Actuated FASTGRAB™ Instant Ground Canceling with manual override
- Manual Ground Cancellation Option
- Continuous Ground Monitor - Ground Mineralization Bar Graph Readout
- Waterproof 11-inch Open Frame Bi-Axial™ Searchcoil Great for Highly Mineralized Soils.
- Single-Filter All Metal Mode for maximum detection depth
- Double-Filter Discrimination Modes for searching in trashy areas
- Renowned Target Separation Capability Detects targets at extreme depths
- Low Operating Cost with 4-AA alkaline batteries. Use ALKALINE batteries for best performance. Expect 40 hours of service in the field with one set of ALKALINE batteries. If you use rechargeable batteries, good-quality NiMH (nickel-metal–hydride) batteries are recommended. They will usually deliver over 25 hours of service without recharging, but when they start running low, they die suddenly with little warning. Always install batteries which are of the same type and the same state of charge, otherwise battery life will be determined by the weakest battery, as the good batteries cannot deliver their power with a dead battery blocking the current.
- 5 year manufacturer warranty from First Texas Products, LLC
- Download operating manual here
The lead engineers on the T2 design team were John Gardiner, firmware engineer, and David Johnson, whose expertise is behind many of the best-known high-performance metal detectors offered by major U.S.manufacturers for the last 26 years.
- Mechanical: S-rod with electronics housing mounted on handgrip, 3-piece breakdown, batteries under elbow, 2-way armrest adjustment — forward/backward & around forearm.
- Searchcoil: 11” (28 cm) open-frame elliptical double-D, waterproof.
- Batteries: 4 AA, alkaline or NiMH (not included).
- Weight: 3.5 pounds (1.6 kg) with alkaline batteries installed.
- Static Balance: force in vertical plane normal to elbow 0.47 pounds (0.22 kg).Varies with adjustment and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.
- Dynamic Balance: axial moment, 0.29 foot-pounds (0.39 newton-meters). Varies with adjustment and user’s stance and arm/hand physiology.
- Sweep Effort: lateral moment 5.2 foot-pounds (7.1 newton-meters).
- Operating Principle: VLF induction balance
- Operating Frequency: nominal 13 kHz, quartz crystal timing reference
- Basic Sensitivity: 5 x 109 root Hertz (detectivity)
- Lag Coefficient: 70 milliseconds
- Reactive Overload: approximately 10,000 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility)
- Resitive Overload: approximately 1,200 micro-cgs units (volume susceptibility)
- Ground Cancellation Range: From ferrite to salt, inclusive
- Discrimination Ground Suppression: combination of second and third order methods
- ID Ground Suppression: third order
- Battery Life: typically 40 hours with good quality alkaline, somewhat less with NiMH rechargeable.
- Operating Temp Range: -4 to +122 degrees F (-20 to +50 degrees C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 0-90% non-condensing
- 5 year warranty from First Texas Products, LLC
- Download operating manual here
Original price when first released was $849 -- NOW JUST $529!
Most metal detectors, like the Teknetics T2, use VLF Induction Balance technology. Here’s how it works: The searchcoil (also called search head or loop) contains two electrical induction coils which are like antennas. One coil transmits a rapidly alternating magnetic field, illuminating the region surrounding the searchcoil. If metal is present, its electrical conductivity distorts the magnetic field. If iron metal is present, its magnetism also distorts the magnetic field, but in a different way, allowing the metal detector to distinguish between ferrous and nonferrous metals. The other coil is a receiving antenna which detects changes in the magnetic field caused by the presence of metal. Electronic circuits amplify this weak signal, analyze it to determine the changes which occur as the searchcoil sweeps over the target, and then convey the information to the user in the form of a visual display or audio tones. Most modern metal detectors perform many of these tasks in software running on an internal microcomputer. The iron minerals which are present in most soils also distort the magnetic field, obscuring the weak signals of small or deep objects. This can cause the object to go undetected, or to be misidentified when it is detected. Much of the technology that goes into modern metal detectors is devoted to the task of eliminating the unwanted signals from iron minerals in the soil, while not losing the signals from metal objects.