Garrett is celebrating its 55th Anniversary by offering this LIMITED EDITION package that includes:
- AT Pro metal detector
- Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer: Pinpointer details here
- Garrett Keepers Treasure Box
- Vaughan Garrett’s full-color Favorite Finds Book: Gold. Silver. Jewelry. Ancient artifacts. Most people who take to the field with a metal detector are in search of “bucket list” items. Vaughan Garrett, son of the founders of Garrett Metal Detectors, has spent the past decade reviewing tens of thousands of photos sent in by his company’s loyal customers as part of a monthly “Favorite Finds” contest. Filled with color photos, this book celebrates hundreds of the customer submissions in the past ten years—those chosen by Vaughan as his monthly favorites, and many others that he found to be equally impressive. Vaughan Garrett’s Favorite Finds is proof that great things await those who venture forth into our great outdoors to pursue the rewarding sport of metal detecting. Armed with a metal detector and a sense of adventure, your next sweep of the searchcoil might just pinpoint one of Vaughan’s next favorite finds!
The AT Pro is Garrett's all-terrain, all-treasure, deep-seeking, professional treasure hunter's detector! This all-terrain detector offers new and exclusive Garrett technology that makes highly recommended for Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting, Cache Hunting, Prospecting, Ghost Town Hunting, Competition Events, Beach/Fresh Water Hunting. Select from either Standard or Professional search modes with enhanced audio features. The AT Pro was designed to work in challenging environments such as mineralized ground, high trash areas, wet and humid areas and dust. In fact, the entire metal detector can be submerged under water to a dept of 10 feet, so it's an excellent choice for detectorists who might also be gold prospectors working in streams, ponds, or shallow water off the shoreline. Scroll down to read a review by Chris Gholson that appeared in the July/August 2011 issue of Gold Prospectors Magazine.
Key Features and Benefits along with FREE Shipping:
- Includes 8.5" x 11" PROformance DD submersible searchcoil
- Weighs only 3.2 pounds
- This VLF detector operates at roughly 15 kHz for improved detection of small targets, gold nuggets, jewelry
- Updated panel with LCD screen and all push button controls
- Exclusive Target ID technology
- Patented discrimination features
- 6 detection modes (3 standard and 3 pro custom = coins, zero modes), adjusted using the MODE button
- Zero mode is essentially an all metal mode - no discrimination so all metals will be detected & best used in clean, trash-free ground
- Coins mode will eliminate most trash like iron and foil so most types of coins and jewelry can be found at parks, playgrounds and along a beach.
- Custom mode means the user gets to customize whatever you want. Any changes or adjustments made in customer will be retained after the detector has been switched off, unlike adjustments in the Zero and Coins modes that do not save when turned off.
- Pro Mode Audio™: Proportional Audio and Tone Roll Audio™ features allow the user to hear characteristics of a target as they would in a True All-Metal Mode.
- High-Res Iron Discrimination™: Use touchpads to set iron discrimination in
one of 40 levels for precise ability to separate good targets from trash.
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 Target ID scale offers increased ability to distinguish
one target's conductivity from another.
- Iron Audio™: Provides 40 points of iron resolution to allow the user to hear discriminated iron and to alter the detector's mid-tone signal's range for the most precise ability to separate trash from a good find
- Graphic Target Analyzer™ (GTA): identifies target's conductivity
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: to determine target depth
- Battery Condition Indicator: Shows battery life continually. Powered by 4 AA batteries (expect 20-40 hours of operation depending on the type and quality of batteries used).
- Adjustable length of 42 - 51 inches
- 2 year limited parts/labor warranty directly from Garrett
The Garrett AT Pro metal detector was reviewed by Chris Gholson in the July/August 2011 issue of Gold Prospectors Magazine. Key points from his review include:
• The primary difference between the Standard and Pro modes has to do primarily with a target's audio response. In all 3 standard modes, the detector provides a full-strength binary audio response regardless of the target's size or distance from the coil. While hunting in Standard modes, the detector will beep when passed over a metal target and the pitch will vary depending on the conductive properties of the target. The benefit of operating in a Pro mode is the ability to hear and determine a target's approx. size and depth via the Proportional Audio and Tone Roll Audio-- the ability to hear targets as they really are.
• Ground balancing is a crucial part of detecting and MUST be done every time the machine is turned on. The Garrett AT Pro metal detector can be ground balanced both manually and automatically. To balance, find a clean, metal-free piece of ground and push and hold the GND BAL pushbutton while pumping the search coil towards the ground. If the machine is out of balance, you will hear a noise when the coil is either lowered or pulled away from the ground. Continue to hold the button until there is very little change in audio when the coil is moved towards and away from the ground.
• The high-resolution iron discrimination adjustment is called IRON DISC and is adjustable from 0 to 39. Low settings offer less iron discrimination; high settings eliminate more iron. Notch discrimination (there are 12 notches available) can be used to eliminate undesireable trash targets such as foil and pull tabs.
Download the Operating Manual for the Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector here.
Customer Testimonial: In the summer of 2012, Bob in Colleyville, Texas scooped up an impressive 127 rings with his AT Pro detector. Some of them were made of gold with diamonds. He also managed to recover and return three lost rings for people. Bob recently told Garrett what he likes best about the AT Pro that he has been using exclusively for the past 2 years: “I like to hunt in the Pro Zero Mode with 35 on the Iron Discrim,” he says. “I’m not really hoping to find any old iron.” On some of the more iron-infested areas he searches, Bob listens to the rolling tones for the better medium and high-tone targets. “I try not to pass up anything that’s a good, repeatable target sound.” Bob hunts old home sites and scraped lots. “I spend a lot of time cruising around to find new hunt sites,” he related. A coin hunter since 2008, Bob has dug hundreds of nice silver coins and in 2012 he was voted Metal Detectorist of the Year by his local Cowtown Treasure Hunters Club. To recover targets on house sites, he uses either a smaller hand digger or his T-handle shovel. “With my shovel, I punch a small, round divot, pull out a plug, and put it right back to keep the landscape in good shape,” he explained. “I like to go out after we’ve had a rain. Targets come in better, and deeper, and it makes for easier retrieving.”