Kids of all ages (or anyone new to the hobby of lapidary) will love this very educational and complete Rock Tumbler Kit! In addition to a Lortone 3A rotary rock tumbler, this Kit includes grits, 2 different types of rough rock for tumbling and 3 books, so it's ready to use right out of the box! Here's what you get:
- 1 pound coarse 80 grit, 1 pound medium 220 grit, 1 pound fine 600 grit, 4 ounces micro alumina rock polish, 4 ounces plastic pellets, how-to instructions
- 1 pound of mixed tumbling rough AND 1 pound rough Lake Superior Agates
- 3 books: Peterson First Guide to Rocks and Minerals, Amazing Agates book, and Professional Gemstone Tumbling Guide pamphlet from Lortone (scroll down for book descriptions)
- Lortone 3A rotary rock tumbler measures 6 inches L x 9.5 inches wide. 3 lb. capacity with molded-rubber barrel. The single 3 lb. capacity barrel is sized for smaller stones up to 1-1/4 inches. Molded barrel with special ribs to increase the tumbling action. Barrel inside dimensions: 4-1/8" depth, 3-7/8" diameter.
- This Rock Tumbler Kit for Kids / Beginners contains enough grit to finish 8-10 pounds of beautiful gems.
- Made in the USA!
- 1-year limited Lortone manufacturer warranty.
Peterson First Guide to Rocks and Minerals is written for the beginner and describes and illustrates the most common and interesting rocks and minerals, from simple sandstone to exotic gems. Illustrated with dozens of beautiful color photographs, it tells how these rocks and minerals formed and how to identify them, and includes tips on collecting.
Amazing Agates explains everything about Lake Superior's banded gemstone. Detailed images illustrate every agate, agate type and feature talked about in the book. This book is especially handy because this Kit comes with 1 pound of rough Lake Superior Agates.
Professional Gemstone Tumbling by Lortone, Inc. is a step-by-step guide from the manufacturer that enables you to get professional results and immediate fun right out of the box!