Available through May 31, 2021 only... the Garrett AT Pro metal detector and MS-2 headphones package also includes a Pro-Pointer AT Pinpointer and Garrett Edge Digger. Details of each component in this LIMITED EDITION package includes:
Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector and Headphones. The AT Pro is Garrett's all-terrain, all-treasure, deep-seeking, professional treasure hunter's detector! This all-terrain detector offers new and exclusive Garrett technology that makes highly recommended for Coin Hunting, Jewelry Hunting, Relic Hunting, Cache Hunting, Prospecting, Ghost Town Hunting, Competition Events, Beach/Fresh Water Hunting. Select from either Standard or Professional search modes with enhanced audio features. The AT Pro was designed to work in challenging environments such as mineralized ground, high trash areas, wet and humid areas and dust. In fact, the entire metal detector can be submerged under water to a dept of 10 feet, so it's an excellent choice for detectorists who might also be gold prospectors working in streams, ponds, or shallow water off the shoreline. Scroll down to read a review on this detector by Chris Gholson that appeared in the July/August 2011 issue of Gold Prospectors Magazine. Key features and benefits of the detector:
- Includes 8.5" x 11" PROformance DD submersible searchcoil
- Includes MS-2 Headphones - volume control to enhance weak signals. Comfortable headband and ear cushions. ($119.95 value if purchased separately)
- Weighs only 3.2 pounds
- This VLF detector operates at roughly 15 kHz for improved detection of small targets, gold nuggets, jewelry
- Updated panel with LCD screen and all push button controls
- Exclusive Target ID technology
- Patented discrimination features
- 6 detection modes (3 standard and 3 pro custom = coins, zero modes), adjusted using the MODE button
- Zero mode is essentially an all metal mode - no discrimination so all metals will be detected & best used in clean, trash-free ground
- Coins mode will eliminate most trash like iron and foil so most types of coins and jewelry can be found at parks, playgrounds and along a beach.
- Custom mode means the user gets to customize whatever you want. Any changes or adjustments made in customer will be retained after the detector has been switched off, unlike adjustments in the Zero and Coins modes that do not save when turned off.
- Pro Mode Audio™: Proportional Audio and Tone Roll Audio™ features allow the user to hear characteristics of a target as they would in a True All-Metal Mode.
- High-Res Iron Discrimination™: Use touchpads to set iron discrimination in
one of 40 levels for precise ability to separate good targets from trash.
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 Target ID scale offers increased ability to distinguish
one target's conductivity from another.
- Iron Audio™: Provides 40 points of iron resolution to allow the user to hear discriminated iron and to alter the detector's mid-tone signal's range for the most precise ability to separate trash from a good find
- Graphic Target Analyzer™ (GTA): identifies target's conductivity
- Continuous Coin Depth Indicator: to determine target depth
- Battery Condition Indicator: Shows battery life continually. Powered by 4 AA batteries (expect 20-40 hours of operation depending on the type and quality of batteries used).
- Adjustable length of 42 - 51 inches
- 2 year limited parts/labor warranty directly from Garrett
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT ($149.95 if purchased separately) provides all terrain versatility for locating and pinpointing metallic targets. It is environmentally protected from the elements and is fully submersible to a maximum depth of 10 feet. Unique features of the Pro-Pointer AT:
- Maximum Sensitivity for improved detection of nuggets and other small targets. Choose from three Sensitivity levels.
- Fast Retune: Quick button press instantly tunes out environment or narrows detection field for precise pinpointing of larger targets.
- Lost Pro-Pointer Alarm: After 5 minutes with no button presses, the pinpointer emits periodic warning chirps.
- Automatic power off after 60 minutes of warning chirps; saves batteries.
- Simple, single-button operation for Power, Retune, Sensitivity adjustment, and Stealth Mode.
- Ruler in Inches and Centimeters molded into side of pinpointer to judge target depth.
- Lanyard Attachment Loop molded into side of pinpointer.
- New power button is easy to operate even with gloves.
- Patented Proportional Audio/Vibration
- Patented scraping blade for searching soil
- Twice the battery life of other pinpointers with LED lights.
- Pinpointing tip and 360° detection area
- LED Flashlight for low light uses.
- Includes woven belt holster and 9-volt battery.
- Large power button
- Additional Pro-Pointer AT detail here
Garrett Edge Digger: Strong carbon steel blade with cutting edge teeth. Non-slip blade guard with comfortable rubber handle. Includes Garrett carry sheath for belt mount use. 7.5" digging blade; 12" total length. ($39.95 if purchased separately).
The Garrett AT Pro metal detector was reviewed by Chris Gholson in the July/August 2011 issue of Gold Prospectors Magazine. Key points from his review include:
• The primary difference between the Standard and Pro modes has to do primarily with a target's audio response. In all 3 standard modes, the detector provides a full-strength binary audio response regardless of the target's size or distance from the coil. While hunting in Standard modes, the detector will beep when passed over a metal target and the pitch will vary depending on the conductive properties of the target. The benefit of operating in a Pro mode is the ability to hear and determine a target's approx. size and depth via the Proportional Audio and Tone Roll Audio-- the ability to hear targets as they really are.
• Ground balancing is a crucial part of detecting and MUST be done every time the machine is turned on. The Garrett AT Pro metal detector can be ground balanced both manually and automatically. To balance, find a clean, metal-free piece of ground and push and hold the GND BAL pushbutton while pumping the search coil towards the ground. If the machine is out of balance, you will hear a noise when the coil is either lowered or pulled away from the ground. Continue to hold the button until there is very little change in audio when the coil is moved towards and away from the ground.
• The high-resolution iron discrimination adjustment is called IRON DISC and is adjustable from 0 to 39. Low settings offer less iron discrimination; high settings eliminate more iron. Notch discrimination (there are 12 notches available) can be used to eliminate undesireable trash targets such as foil and pull tabs.
Download the Operating Manual for the Garrett AT Pro Metal Detector here.