Looking for a versatile gold mining machine— classifier, highbanker, trommel— that will get the gold? Want one light-weight machine that will do it all? Check this out! Use as a highbanker or switch out the top box in minutes and install the 5 inch trommel.
From top to bottom, here's what you get:
- The hopper is 13'' x 13'' x 6'' so you can feed it with a shovel
- 5'' diameter x 16 inch length trommel barrel with classifying screen
- Top box is 21'' x 7'' x 3'' with 1/4'' classifying plate
- Unique spray bar that runs inside of the barrel to spray the material while it tumbles as well as supplies water to the hopper
- Multi angle adjustment
- Updated wash system
- Improved waste rock chute
- Improved hopper water control
- Motor drive has adjustable tension spring
- 12 RPM barrel speed
- The wire connection point on the trommel motor is sealed water tight with clear silicon
- 4 foot wire leads with soldered copper battery clips
- NO PUMP OR HOSE included. You will need a pump that is 12 volt 2000 GPH and 3 feet of 1 1/8'' flex hose.
The bottom sluice box is 36'' x 8'' x 3'' and includes light weight leg attachments with four corner adjustments. Inside the sluice are 5 different Gold Hog brand mats in this order: UR, Scrubber, Razor, Down Draft, and Bedrock. Scroll to bottom for a description of each type of mat.
NO PUMP OR HOSE included. You will need a pump that is 12 volt 2000 GPH and 3 feet of 1 1/8'' flex hose. A deep cycle marine battery (also NOT included) will run this highbanker / trommel for two days without charging. The consumption rate is 6 amps per hour; one battery runs both pump and trommel drive.
Total weight is just 28 pounds so it is very portable— take it just about anywhere! This is a complete unit that is ready to run on your battery. Choose your color from drop down menu below: black, lime green, red, forest green, or blue.
If you're looking for BIG performance in a small package, this classifying highbanker / trommel is for YOU! Ships FREE to continental USA. Approx. shipping box size is 40 lbs. 40x14x14 inches
More about Gold Hog brand mats:
- The Gold Hog Under Riffle Mat is a multi-function "active" mat that constantly exchanges materials for heavier ones. It performs the best with water flows over 1,000 gph and is desgined to be an under riffle, under expanded metal sluicebox mat. It is made from extruded EPDM rubber and is heavy, durable, and this patent pending mat is able to withstand commercial sluice boxes in all temperatures.
- The Gold Hog Low Turbulence Scrubber Mat (a.k.a. the Wild Boar) is designed to help break up clay and dirt, releasing gold and heavy metals. This patent-pending mat is made from extruded EPDM rubber and is heavy, durable, and able to withstand commercial sluice boxes in all temperatures.
- The Gold Hog Medium Velocity Mat (a.k.a. the Razorback) is designed to work in a wider range of sluices, including stream sluices. It uses Micro Riffles to create low turbulent vortexes that do not throw fine gold back into faster moving upper currents.
- The River Hog Mat (down draft) is designed for dredges and commercial operations, although it also works great in a wide variety of equipment such as a mini highbanker. This mat has a very aggressive face pattern that uses a large riffle to cause traditional flow interruption vortexes. The drop chambers and the pre-ramp grooves catch gold even before it hits the riffle. Varying surfaces such as this is the key to great gold recovery!
- The Bedrock Mat was new for 2013 and is a hybrid mat designed for higher water speeds, and has the ability to separate out even super fine gold down to -200 mesh material. Not recommended for slow water stream sluices because there is just not enough "energy" to get the proper exchange flowing. This mat should be used in addition with other Gold Hog brand mats.