Do you already have a rock tumbler and now need a rock tumbler refill that includes tumbling grit and a wide variety of rough tumbled rocks? Are you new to the hobby of lapidary and polishing rocks or have you been doing it for decades? Either way, this kit is ideal for you. Details on what you get:
- 1 pound coarse 80 grit
- 1 pound medium 220 grit
- 1 pound fine 600 grit
- 4 ounces micro alumina rock polish
- 4 ounces plastic pellets
- 1 pound rough Lake Superior Agates: These multi-color agate tumbling rocks come from the Lake Superior region. You get approx. 50 pieces. The rainbow of colors are caused by impurities and occur as alternating bands within the agate, creating interesting and pretty patterns. Hard, multi-banded, takes an excellent polish. Moh's hardness of 7.
- 1 pound Amethyst: This tumbling rough is a purple variety of crystalline quartz with a Moh's hardness of 7. Amethyst is good for beads or tumbling. Approx 15-20 small pieces .5" to .75" size. Did you know? Amethyst's principal virtue during the Middles Ages was to protect the wearer against drunkenness from either liquor or love, and to induce clear thinking.
- 1 pound Mexican Mix Tumbling Rough: A good assortment; 10 to 12 pieces. Great for beginners or for fill. You get a wide variety of pretty colors when polished.
- 1 pound rough Quartz Crystal Points: Approximately 130 small pieces of quartz crystal clear/translucent points. Some pieces may have chips or imperfections.