This sluice box is 24"L x 6"W x 3" inch high sides and weighs about 4 lbs, making it very portable. The box is a strong .16 gauge aircraft aluminum. The main reason it is made out of aluminum is to make it light weight, plus it is easier to use a magnet to remove the black sand build up. The sluice box is a convenient size for carrying in your back pack, and is very user-friendly. With two different interchangeable 6 x 16 inch Dream Mats in this Kit - Mini and Micro - you can sluice and then finish sluice to reduce your cons all in one package. Easily cleans out into a pan or 5-gallon bucket. Mats made of polyurethane (not cheap rubber or silicone).
Over the years you may have tried many different types of mats, carpets, riffles, and miners moss, but Dream Mat was inspired solely to help prospectors work less to get more gold! Made in the USA!
Mini Mat is great for that hard to catch gold! Great in sandy areas and black sands. It is the first sluice mat ever to be scientifically engineered and designed using advanced fluid dynamic principles and physics. The mini Hydro-Cyclone inspired vortex cells classify, separate, capture and hold gold naturally. Dream Mats vortex cells exploits natures own forces in a patented system to bring the finest gold recovery ever created. These mini cells are engineered to capture the finest of gold without needing huge amounts of water to maintain good exchange. This mini cell system is designed for classified feeds — 8 mesh is a good screen size, but you can of course screen lower if desired. Big gold can be caught easily in just about any system. Bigger gold is really heavy and Dream Mat captures and holds the bigger gold in its vortex holding cells, just like it does with fine gold. Benefits of Mini Dream Mat for sluices:
- High/Low Cell Pattern
- Minimizes Overburdening
- Great Fine Gold Recovery - Cutting Concentrates & Catching Gemstones
- 3/8" Cell Diameter
- Works for Sluicing, & Super Concentrating Final Cleanups
Micro mat acts as a scrubber mat to trap fine gold. This is a great indicator mat, and an amazing finishing mat to reduce your cons with confidence. This light and flexible mat recovers fine gold that other mats can't - working in high steep and low flow scenarios. Benefits of Micro Dream Mat for sluices:
- Fine Gold Recovery
- Great for Large & Small Cleanups
- Great for Fine Sands
- 1/8" Cell Diameter
Get the most out of your new Dream Mat Sluice:
• Before first use, wash your Dream Mat with detergent in warm water with a soft brush or cloth to release any excess release agent left over by the manufacturing process. Wash both top and bottom of the matting. You might see some small bubbles in the mat pattern. With the many cells that are concentrating minerals for you in the Dream Mat, rest assured that the hydro cyclone nature of the system will override most small bubble imperfections and have very little overall effect.
• Feed rates will depend a lot on your water flow velocity, but the easy way to gauge when your cells can handle more material is the water clears up and more of your mat's surface is exposed. To get a feel for your mat, feed a scoop or two and watch what happens -- you want to see your material dancing around in the cells. Don't be afraid to have a lot of water over your mat; an inch over the top is a good place to start. It will handle the volume quite easily!
• A good rule of thumb is 9-9.5 degrees of pitch. You can pull this back marginally for fine sand or go a little steeper if you're dumping a lot of heavy material into your sluice that needs more momentum to clear out.