If you've found a rich spot that is hard to access, this hand dredge is a great tool to have on hand. Gold can hide down in the deepest part of a crack or crevice or behind a boulder and often is best reached with a hand dredge, also called a "sucker gun" or "suction gun." This gold prospecting tool is ideal for working below the water line when a motorized dredge cannot be used.
The X-Stream Hybrid Pro represents years of development intended to enhance your prospecting experience. This model is designed to work creeks and streams or totally submersible with the ability to replace the valve gasket in the field. The patented valve system is designed to eliminate clogging and spitting (forward flow) while still using our tried and true leather cups. The leather cups are cut 1/16th less than the diameter of the plunger tube, which allows the cups to absorb water and swell to make a tight seal that is self-lubricated by the water. Included with this hand dredge pump:
• 6 foot hose
• 2 gallon "Quick View" bucket and twist off "Gamma Lid"
• Three specialty nozzles with extension
• Extra set of valve diaphragms - it's like having two sets of valves at the ready!
• Manufacturer warranty.
3 nozzles are included with this hand dredge:
• Sniper Nozzle with "Rock Block" reaches into cracks and crevices.
• Bulk Sand Nozzle- Designed to quickly draw sand and 1/2 inch material.
• Classifier Nozzle- filters sticks and leaves and gets just the sand #8 and smaller.
Hand dredge itself is 36 inches long before attaching any nozzle; 8 inch extension is included giving you even more reach! Prefer to build this hand dredge yourself? Do-It-Yourself Hand Dredge Kit found here.