- CLICK to SEARCH
- Gold Pans & Kits
- Gold Claw
- Earthquake Classifier
- Sluice Boxes
- Sluice Box Matting
- Power Sluices/Highbankers
- Blue Bowl Concentrator
- CC 690 Power Sluice
- Gold Cube
- Hand Dredges
- Gold Panning Machines
- Fine Gold Recovery
- Gold Melting
- Rock Crushers
- Gold Trommels
- Rock Tumblers
- Prospecting Accessories
- Tool Bags
- Vac Pac Gold Vacuum
- Gold Classifiers
- Alaska Paydirt
- Gold Rush Nugget Bucket
- Snake Protection
- Gift Certificates
Monday, August 06 2018
Back to School promo! Limited time only— combo price ends August 18, 2018! Each Teknetics T2 metal detector is now shipping with stereo headphones and a digger recovery tool. ALL FOR $499 with FREE SHIPPING! Buy now using coupon code A1486.
The T2 is a high-performance multi-purpose professional grade metal detector. This detector set the benchmark in advanced electronic technology and functional design in the metal detector market. Its legendary performance coupled with its light weight and perfect balance make the T2 the best metal detector in its price range.
The T2 excels at coins-shooting, relic hunting and gold prospecting.
Digger Recovery Tool:
Back-To-School Combo price ends August 18, 2018! Get the package for only $499 with FREE SHIPPING! Buy now using coupon code A1486.
Nugget of News Blog
Saturday, April 29 2017
The NEW Ameritek metal detectors have arrived! The Minuteman, Liberator, and Patriot, are three new treasure finding machines from Teknetics with true blue American graphics on their faceplates. Proudly made in the USA by Fisher Labs, these units are making award-winning metal detectors affordable again! Whether you're looking for the ease of a turn-on-and-go coin shooter or want more features for gold prospecting, you will find it in the affordable Ameritek line. All three detectors feature waterproof searchcoils, large two-digit numeric displays, and are perfectly balanced and light-weight so you can swing all day. Click the links below to check out the features of each new machine and use coupon code A1486 for $50 OFF + FREE SHIPPING + FREE Accessory Kit! Free Accessory Kit available only through 7/11/17.
• Turn-on-and-go, well balanced and lightweight
• V-Break, variable tone breakpoint
• Detects coins to 12 inches
Guidelines for All Metal Detectorists
Realize that each time you go detecting you will be representing EVERYONE in this sport; all will be judged by your actions. Detectorists are a very visible group and the public knows what you are doing. That is why you must conduct yourself accordingly, learn proper recovery techniques and abide by a code of ethics. Scars from improper or sloppy recovery methods can remain for years and further damage the image of this activity. This can only lead to tougher laws and regulations. Even in remote areas it is very important to always leave no sign you were there.
Learn about your local laws regarding metal detecting, especially on Federal, State or County lands, because they can vary significantly from state to state. Make the effort to search the local public records to verify the laws regarding metal detecting in your area BEFORE you go detecting. Do the same with State and Federal agencies that govern lands AND waters in your area.
If you will be hunting on private property you MUST obtain permission ahead of time and be absolutely certain you know the exact boundaries of the property or yard. Check with your County land records office (usually County Seat) to obtain information on how to research or obtain land ownership plats. In some places this information is available online or you may be able to purchase a plat book for your County (some libraries also have copies you can view). These plat books are useful tools, showing owner’s name and boundaries, as well as Federal-, State-, and County-owned lands. However, it is your responsibility to still check with the land owner to verify the plat map is correct. Penalties and fines can be very costly. Ignorance of the law is not an excuse. Once you have a name, try to locate the owner’s address and pay him a visit. Introduce yourself, express your interest and ask if he would allow you to metal detect on his property.
Explain your practices and how you will proceed. Always be polite, even if he turns down your request. If given permission, find out if there are any limitations he might have; certain times of the day, where to park your vehicle, certain areas that might be off limits, etc. Above all else, you must carefully cultivate the relationship between yourself and the land owner to ensure that you always have his/her best interest in mind. Often there may be others, such as hunters, using their property as well. Crop lands might be leased to a farmer; buildings may be rented or leased to other families. If your activities offend any other users, they will also offend the owner and that will reflect negatively on the sport. You may even get kicked off the property. When you are on private property, your actions and activities must always be beyond reproach. You must always put the owner’s concerns above all else. And this is just as true if you are in a City park or on school grounds. There are numerous cities across the country that have banned metal detecting on city property, and in nearly every case it is because of a careless detectorist that left holes and trash. Always respect the land owner!
Your detector comes with the responsibility to detect and recover targets ethically. Your actions WILL affect the sport so be sure you portray yourself in the best possible way. Look for a local dealer or club in your area. They can offer up-to-date information on local conditions and laws, and teach you proper recovery techniques. Joining a club is a great way to give a stronger voice to the activity. You will find that club members have a strong stake in keeping the sport healthy by watching for violators or those not using proper recovery techniques. The goal of most clubs is to educate and teach those in this activity. With your ethical participation, you will help ensure we can all enjoy this activity for years and years. Please be responsible!
Sunday, January 11 2015
If you're looking for a proven fine gold recovery tool that has been on the market for decades, consider the Desert Fox Spiral Gold Panning Machine. It's easy to use, and recently Kevin Hoagland, Executive Director of Development for the Gold Prospectors Association of America (GPAA) conducted a field test review which was published on pages 14-17 of the January/February 2015 issue of Gold Prospectors Magazine. Here's an excerpt of Kevin's findings and you can also click on the image at the end of this post to download a complete copy of the field test review (4-page .pdf).
"... The Desert Fox ships in an Action Packer case that is the storage, transport, and water container unit. It provides excellent protection for the Fox while giving you a true compact recirculating unit that can be transported easily. Unpacking the container was simple and for those of us that spend little time looking at the way something comes out of a container, the manufacturer has included a photo in the manual to show you how to repack the unit so it's back to being travel-ready in just a few seconds. In the container you will find:
Setup takes just a few moments. The wheel frame is a single point A-frame that sits perfectly in place in the container and allows you a stable, easy-to-set-up base for the spiral unit. The A-frame construction also allows the unit to be set up directly in a stream. Stand the A-frame in the container, lift the drive unit to a beginning angle, slide the double-wall wheel into the slot on the drive motor, attach the spray bar, fill with water, hook up to a 12-volt power supply (not included), and after a couple of fine tuning adjustments, the Desert Fox is ready to start running your concentrates. Total time from cased to running is about two minutes!
The A-frame mounted drive motor allows you to easily make small adjustments to the angle of the wheel. This ease-of-use factor can become critical when running materials that require more precision. Water flow is controlled by a single-point knob on the spray bar assembly, and the speed control is located on the back of the unit. These 3 adjustments are all you need to ensure efficient gold recovery. Before first use, be sure to clean with a good quality dish washing soap to remove all the manufacturing oils (mold-release agents from the plastic parts). Do NOT use a citrus-scented soap because the scent is derived from oils, which is exactly what you are trying to remove. Use hot soapy water and a non-abrasive pad.
Spiral panners work in reverse of traditional hand panning. Instead of gravity separating gold from concentrates with the heavies sinking to the bottom of a pan, a spiral machine uses speed, water, and the angle of the spiral wheel to keep lighter material in the bottom of the wheel, while the heavier black sand and gold is brought up the leads. When set correctly, the sands drop off at the last moment and only gold is moved through the center of the unit and recovered in the cup.
I recommend classifying your dirt to a minimum of .25 inch to 1/8 inch mesh. Once classified and prepared to run, feed the material slowly into the bottom of the wheel. I've found it best to use a tablespoon. Increase the feed rate after all necessary adjustments are made.
Starting with the water first, find the lowest water pressure that will clean the light material from the leads as it climbs up the pan, adjust the angle and speed as needed so the heavy sands drop off at the right spot and you're ready to start processing your concentrates. After completing the basic setup, I adjusted the speed to keep the unit tuned in to variations in the types of material I ran. There are two models of the Desert Fox— a constant speed ($339) and a variable speed ($359). Since the difference in price is just $20, I highly recommend the variable speed model.
The Desert Fox is a straight-forward and simple spiral wheel system that recovers gold efficiently, and has been manufactured by Camel Mining since 1969. It is compact, weighs about 10 pounds, and is ideal for carrying into the field. Gold recovery is exceptional and the learning curve is short..."
Click here to learn more about the Desert Fox Spiral Panner on this website. Click image to download .pdf of field test review.
Monday, November 17 2014
Tesoro is the Spanish word for treasure, so it's no wonder this brand has been one of the industry's leading metal detector manufacturers for nearly 35 years. All 11 models are made in the USA and include a lifetime warranty. If you're looking for a brief comparison of the various models, below is a short description (in no particular order) of the strengths and price points of each Tesoro metal detector. Want to learn more about a particular model? Just click that link for greater detail and photos.
• If you're just getting started as a detectorist, the Compadre is the perfect introduction to the world of metal detecting and doesn't break the bank at only $165.50. This modest and effective detector has one knob to adjust the discrimination level, helping users to filt out unwanted targets. The Compadre represents the essence of metal detecting, where exploration and discovery combine to create a rich and rewarding hobby!
• Tesoro's Silver uMax is known for its capable, uncomplicated 2-knob operation. With both a sensitivity and a discrimination adjustment, the Silver uMax provides more information about your targets and the conditions of your hunt. This machine also offers the option to change search coils, enhancing the versatility of this ultra-lightweight machine. Not bad for just $254.15!
• The Tesoro Outlaw Metal Detector ($437.75) represents the return of true no motion, all-metal treasure hunting. This machine has discrimination, sensitivity, threshold, and ground balance adjustments. The all-terrain Outlaw Coil Pack ($551.65) includes the detector and 3 coils: 5.75" concentric, 8" round concentric, and 12x10" widescan. The standard 8 inch coil provides great balance between depth and sensitivity and is an efficient pinpointer. The 5.75" coil utilizes tremendous sensitivity, making it an optimal tool for pinpointing targets. The 12x10 inch coil is less susceptible to ground effects, which means it is perfect for heavily mineralized sites or hunting larger targets.
• Intelligence meets simplicity in Tesoro's DeLeon -- an easy to use, turn-on-and-go metal detector for $509.15. This smart machine features digital processing, which allows you to get the most out of the its coil's signal. The visual identification system works in two ways: the detector samples the signal and provides a 5-bar graph that indicates the signal's average, and a 2-digit ID number shows the max signal strength.
• The Cortes features visual and auto identification, notch filter and pre-set ground balance in discrimination mode and manual ground adjustment in all-metal mode. The VID (visual identification) system works in two ways: the detector samples the signal and provides a 9-segment bar graph of the entire signal and a 2-digit ID numbers shows the ID at the max signal strength. In addition to the expansive information provided by the VID, the Cortes boasts 9 different tones for superior audio identification and is priced at $721.65. Never guess a target again!
• And you'll never miss a target with the Tesoro Cibola either since it is a powerful turn-on-and-go metal detector. It provides pre-set mineral rejection, which leaves you more time to hunt and less time manually readjusting to different types of soil. The Cibola is perfect for detecting with friends because of its frequency shift, which allows you to choose between 3 different frequencies and eliminate interference between metal detectors. This ultra light-weight treasure finder offers the ability to super-tune, causing it to overdrive small signals for better clarity. This multi-faceted machine does everything a more expensive detector can do, at a fraction of the weight and cost (only $361.25).
• Tesoro's Vaquero is an extremely effective machine, especially for an ultra- lightweight detector. It can do it all-- prospecting, coin shooting, and treasure hunting. The Vaquero has enough controls and features to be an excellent all-around machine that can be taken anywhere, yet the price is just $446.25. Manual ground balance allows users to control the Vaquero's response to the soil, even in highly mineralized locations. Similar to the Cibola, the Vaquero allows you to super-tune as well as shift frequencies when hunting with friends.
• The $594.15 Tejon metal detector features a dual discriminator that is activated by an effortless trigger switch, allowing for an instant target check. This detector also includes a tone adjustment option that is designed for treasure hunters who have lost the ability to hear certain audio frequncies. The Tejon pushes the coil's signal deeper while increasing sensitivity for smaller targets. This unit is full of features that amount to more informed choices, less time digging trash, and most importantly -- more time hunting.
• Do you have gold fever? The Lobo Super TRAQ is an incredibly versatile, feature-rich machine that triumphs in small gold nugget prospecting. Spoil yourself with a detector that self-adjusts to any type of soil, even in highly mineralized locations. While the Lobo is designed to find gold, it also thrives in detecting coins, relics, and other treasures, too. A great value for only $679.15!
• The Tesoro Sand Shark is the perfect beach companion! The combination of moving salt water and mineralized soil can wreak havoc with your average detector. But since the Sand Shark utilizes Pulse Induction technology, it eliminates this issue and allows you the ability to hunt in areas that frustrate other detectorists. This unit provides control over the pulse width to balance batterly life and depth. The Sand Shark also includes a tone adjustment, allowing the user to choose either a variable pitch or a single tone. This machine's headphones and coils are hardwired to the detector to protect it against leaks. Dive up to 200 feet. Available with an 8 inch searchcoil for $577.15 or $602.65 with a larger 10.5 inch search coil.
No matter which Tesoro metal detector you choose, the words of founder Jack Gifford hold true: "As the Spaniards were yesterday's undisputed masters of treasure hunting, we at Tesoro will always endeavor to meet our goal of making Tesoro Metal Detectors today's undisputed masters of treasure hunting." FREE SHIPPING on any detector priced $350 or more!
Nugget of News Blog